One of the most unique things about our company is our history.
- 1879 — Our legacy of service dates back to 1879 with the establishment of a nonprofit organization to care for surviving spouses of the fallen.
- 2000 — Armed Forces Services Corporation (AFSC) was spun off as a separate organization owned by disabled veterans to expand services to warriors, veterans, and families.
- 2016 — AFSC joined Magellan Health, one of the nation’s largest healthcare companies, to create Magellan Federal.
- 2022 — Magellan Health joined Centene Corporation, a Fortune 25 company, further expanding our support to provide whole-health, integrated healthcare solutions
- Today — As a wholly owned subsidiary of Centene Corporation, we have access to a wealth of new resources and deep clinical expertise to improve the lives of millions. We remain dedicated to service members, veterans, families, and have expanded our care to include civilian federal workers and federal program recipients.
© Magellan Federal. Registered d/b/a of Armed Forces Services Corporation and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Magellan Healthcare, Inc., a Centene company.